Vapes are quite complicated devices. The main peculiarity is that the vaper has to get at least minimum understanding what the structure of the vape is. Otherwise he won’t be able to fix vape by himself and to manage it properly.
Coil in vape is important. It is composed of metal wires that get heated when the device is used. The coil will determine how well the vapour will be emitted.
You will never be able to understand how well the vape functions unless you measure its resistance. Vape is an electronic device, and the coil has certain resistance. To measure it, you need to use multimeter.
How To Measure The Resistance Of The Coil With The Multimeter
If you need to measure the electric potential of the vape, this is an easy thing to do. The multimeter measures it quite easily. Here is how you can do it:
- Turn the multimeter on.
- Check the internal electric potential of the multimeter first.
- Put two probes on the atomiser, one probe on positive pin and another one on the outside threading. Then you will get the total potential of your coil.
- Calculate the actual resistance of your coil. To do so, you have to compare the resistance of your coil and the resistance of your multimeter. The number you get is the actual resistance of your coil.
Resistance level will influence your vaping experience greatly. That is why it is important to fix coil in the right way.
Different Types Of Vapes
There are different types of vapes with various coil resistance levels. The electrical resistance is measured in Ohms. How many Ohms your vape has will determine what vaping experience you will have. The most common coil resistance is 2.5 Ohms. Everything that is below 2.4 is low. Everything over 2.6 is considered high. Here is how number of Ohms influence process of vaping:
- Low Ohms wires. If you have such a coil, you will waste your e-liquid very quickly. Low Ohm coils create more heat. Moreover, your battery will get exhausted earlier if the resistance is too low.
- Standard and high Ohms wires guarantee better vaping. Such an electronic cigarette consumes little juice. The battery in such a vape will serve longer. High Ohms e-cigarettes produce less vapour than low and standard ohms e-cigs.
These are the basics to remember when you choose the e-cig. If you understand that it is too hard for you to take good care of your e-cig, simply let it be done by professionals. The e-cigs are sold with the warranty. You can always ask the professionals to check your e-cig and to fix wires resistance or anything else.